For fans of: Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, The Roots
- She was initially discovered by Black Thought of The Roots – after she slipped him a demo following a Roots concert, he was so impressed that he invited her to Philly and introduced her to the band’s manager, Richard Nichols, who has since taken her on as a client.
- She co-wrote and is featured on “Diamond Life” by Tyga. The track was licensed to the video games “Madden NFL 09″ and “Need for Speed: Undercover, as well as the movie “Fighter.” Tyga went on to sign with Young Money/Universal.
- She opened for Gym Class Heroes at a sold out Trocadero Theatre show in Philly and performed with the band on it’s 2008 tour with The Roots.
- She co-wrote and is featured on “The Day” by The Roots. The track is on the band’s latest album, “How I Got Over,” which is a 2011 Grammy nominee for “Best Rap Album.”
- She co-wrote and is featured on “From the Stars” by Tu Phace (Epic Records), which will be on his upcoming mix tape.
- She collaborated with Kidz in the Hall‘s Double-O on a song that might be featured on the band’s upcoming “Not from Brooklyn” EP or on her own upcoming release.
- She collaborates regularly with Nicos Gun, whose drummer (Harry Zelnick) she used to be roommates with.
- She just signed a development deal with Mercury/Island Def Jam – stay tuned to see where that leads.
- Her debut EP is in the works.
- Her track “Game Boy” was produced by emerging Philadelphia producer Barry Myrick (The Roots, Freeway), and she’s giving I Think I Love It readers an exclusive first spin – stream it below!
November 2010 Video Update from Patty Crash